Whether having moved regionally or cross country, your relocation presents unique challenges. In your new environment you are not familiar with the local resources and it’s difficult to find just the right person to perform your moving claim inspection and provide the estimates required by your mover.
Every year I provide over six hundred move damage claim inspections. Not only do I provide these services for the general public but I represent most all of the major van lines, movers and insurers of corporate transferees. Since the late 1970’s I’ve serviced move damage claims for Allied, North American, United, Mayflower, Atlas, Bekins and dozens of other independent agents and insurers of household goods in transit.
- Member Claims Prevention & Procedure Council since 1978
- Past President and board member for eight years
Here is what I do to prepare your move claim estimate:
- I perform the inspection in the home.
- My report itemizes all of the move damaged items including furniture, residence damage and household items packed in cartons.
- The report gives a description of the item, a description of damages, proposed repair solutions and repair costs and/or recommendations with regards to replacement costs of non-repairable items.
- When necessary an explanation is provided with regards to the circumstances in which the damages incurred.
- Digital photos are taken of most items and are included in the report at no additional cost.
- Within 48 hours of my inspection the claim inspection report and photographs will be sent to you by email.
I network with many other independent third party services who have expertise in skills outside my area of knowledge. I am able to consult with these businesses as they are willing to assist me in preparing your estimate. This is very convenient to the claimant as seldom will you have the need to contact other repair vendors for their estimates too.
Should you have damaged items of significant high value and require an appraisal this service is available. More time is required for research and to prepare the report. Additional fees are charged for these appraisals and can be discussed at the time of my inspection.